CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One thing I have come across is the Mailbox. I know I shared this with some of you at one of the park days. you can pick up a copy at the Learning Zone. I think it goes up to 6th grade. But it has really fun ideas for the whole month. It ranges from activities, crafts, reading and writing, math and many more areas are covered. for example, in my February copy for 1st-3rd it has activities for Chinese New Year, Valentine's day, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Fairytales, President's Day, and Chocolate. As I was preparing my February calendar I decided to incorporate what we were learning each week into my family Fun nights, so we are going to have a Chinese New Year Family Fun night in a few weeks to round out that study- we will make homemade chinese food with homemade fortune cookies. A craft will be to make chinese lanterns, we will also make lion masks and dance around. This friday we are going to have a chocolate family Fun Night. This will entail eating chocolate covered strawberries! It will also kind of incorporate our Valentine stuff- like making hearts and writing nice things to one another, and making a heart shaped wreath. Our final Family Fun night will incorporate the rodeo- we will be talking about cowboys at the end of the month. We are going to have a bike rodeo, dress in boots and hats and maybe even learn a two step dance? Who Knows!!

0 comments: